Sunflowerstitches Privacy & Cookie Notice
Please read this policy carefully.
Definitions and interpretation
Data – Collectively all information that you submit to Sunflowerstitches via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Cookies – A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and / or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
Sunflowerstitches, we or us – Sunflowerstitches of 23 Star Lane, Ash, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU12 6RJ
UK and EU Cookie Law – The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
User or you – Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Sunflowerstitches and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Sunflowerstitches and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Website – The website that you are currently using, www.sunflowerstitches.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
a. Full name.
b. Contact information such as your home and work email addresses, home, work and mobile phone numbers.
c. Demographic information such as residential address including postcode, how you found our Website.
d. IP address (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, Sunflowerstitches is the ‘data controller’.
6. We will retain any data you submit for a period of 12 months after you have attended a course. If you have consented to receiving our regular newsletters, this time period could be longer but we will review and apply for re-consent within a reasonable time period, you can ask to unsubscribe at any time by phone, by email or via the website or newsletter.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018. For more details on security, see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. transmission by email of information letters about your booked course or other courses we feel are relevant to you.
c. transmission by email of our regular newsletter where you have provided us with consent to do so.
Third party websites and services
10. Sunflowerstitches may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include the following:
16. use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing data with third parties
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Sunflowerstitches (where such data is held).
21. Data security is of great importance to Sunflowerstitches and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
25. All Cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. This website may place the following Cookies;
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website, use a shopping card or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical / performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevance to your interests.
28. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult your internet browser.
29. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
30. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
33. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
34. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Sunflowerstitches by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated – July 2018